Injury can happen in any part of the body, but sports injuries are basically used to indicate the injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
Common Symptoms of Sports Injury:
- Achilles tendonitis
- Shin splints
- Swollen muscles
- Injuries in the knees
- Joint Dislocation
What is Acute Injury & Chronic Injury?
Acute Injury are defined as injuries that mainly occur all of a sudden while practising sports or doing exercises.
They might result in the following :
- Quick and Intense pain
- Inability to bear weight on a limb
- Inability to move the affected part of the body
Chronic Injury are defined as injuries that mainly occur after playing sports or doing exercises for a very long duration.
The Indicator of Chronic Injury include the following :
- Severe pain while playing sports/while exercising.
- Ache while taking rest.
Some tips for Self treatment:
- Protection - It is important to protect and save the already injured tissues.
Small Injuries can be protected with the usage of bandages and elastic wraps.
- Rest - The Injured tissues need enough time inorder to completely heal. So without falling into any temptations it is adviced to take rest at times.
- Application of Ice - It is something that is easily available and used in most cases of injuries.
- Compression - Pressure will definitely reduce inflammation and swelling. A simple elastic bandage or a small piece of foam rubber directly on the injured before wrapping can help a lot.
- Elevation - It is the simplest strategy used in the instances where you need to squeeze away the fluid from injured tissues, thereby reducing the pain, inflammation, and swelling.
Treatment carried out for Sports Injuries:
Sports injuries are very soft tissue injuries.
A soft tissue injuries are those injuries which have effects on muscles, joints or ligaments.
For example : Sprained ankle, bruise etc.
The other sports injuries are hard tissue injuries - they are injuries to a bone.
For example : Broken finger.
Soft tissue injuries are managed through the above said - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation which are the quick recovery elements from injury.
Life Med ABC or Isomer Clinic is the physiotherapy and rehabilitation wing of Dr. Santhosh Specialty Center.
For more information, Feel free to Contact Us:
WEBSITE : www.isomerclinic.com
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org